Microchips - A Permanent ID for your Dog or Cat
Don't risk losing your best friend!
A microchip could mean the difference between your pet being lost and found. Microchipping is a permanent way to identify your pet and reunite them with you in the event they become separated from you. ID tags and collars can be lost, removed or become unreadable over time.
How does a pet microchip work?
The 24PetWatch microchip used by Vetco, is a tiny chip the size of a grain of rice. It is permanently inserted into your pet using a syringe, placed just under their skin. Each chip has a unique identification number that links your pet to the information you provided at registration.
Keeping your pet's profile up to date with your current contact information and even a recent photo of your pet-is one of the best ways to protect your pet. When a veterinarian or shelter finds a lost or missing pet, they use a scanner to read the pet's chip. They can then contact the 24PetWatch Lost Pet Recovery Team, who will in turn make contact with the pet owner and help reunite them with their pet.
When you purchase a microchip at Vetco you receive the following Free Pet Protection Services from 24PetWatch:
- Ability to report a lost or found pet online anytime at mypethealth.com
- A complimentary basic online profile with your contact information and the ability to update your phone number and email address online at anytime
- Timely and convenient automated lost-pet service calls and emails
To confirm your pet's registration and ensure your contact information is correct, follow these steps to set up your account and view/edit your information:
- Visit MyPetHealth.com
- Click "Create a New Account"
- Select "Microchip #" from the drop-down and enter the chip number. You will find the number on your pet's clinic visit summary and/or the microchip registration information you received at the clinic.
- Enter the first/last name as used at the Vetco clinic and listed on your visit summary.
- Proceed with the opt-in and terms-of-use approvals.
- Click "Create an Account"
- Complete the process by entering your email and a unique password.