WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We may collect different types of personal and other information based on your use of our products and services and our business relationship with you.
We collect information in several ways:
· When you provide it to us or communicate with us.
· We collect it automatically when you visit our website.
· We collect information in connection with the treatment of your pet, which includes information concerning your pet's past, present, or future health, as well as information related to your pet's specific vaccination treatment obtained through Vetco.
· We collect information in connection with the purchase of pet medications or supplies via Vetco's third party home delivery provider accessible at http://vetco.petcovetsource.com/index.pml?ppsite=vetco T
his information includes hard copies and electronic copies of medical or treatment records, prescriptions, vaccination records, payment card and billing information, street address, email address, phone number (including mobile phone number), fax number, and information pertaining to family members, allergies, or other information that is helpful in providing treatment to your pet.
HOW DOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
· We use information to contact you regarding the goods and services we provide.
· We use your pet's medical records as a way of recording your pet's health information and for providing treatment, conducting business operations, and receiving payment for goods and services we provide.
· We also provide information to government regulators and vaccine manufacturers in order to improve and monitor the efficacy and effects of vaccines.
· We may use information to determine needed pet healthcare services (such as vaccinations, establishing vaccination plans, and conducting physical examinations).
· We may contact you to remind you that your pet is due for vaccination by calling you via live call or automated system, by sending you an email or SMS message, or by mailing a postcard.
· We may contact you to discuss pet treatment, pet treatment alternatives or other pet health related benefits or services that may be of interest.
· We may use the information to confirm the pet medications or supplies being purchased via Vetco's third party home delivery provider accessible at http://vetco.petcovetsource.com/index.pml?ppsite=vetco
HOW IS THE INFORMATION SHARED?
We will not publicly disclose information you have provided about you or your pet without your consent. We may disclose information to another provider if doing so is either helpful or appropriate for facilitating treatment (such as in the case of a referral for emergency services in the case of an adverse reaction to a vaccination). As explained more fully below see "When is my consent/authorization not required", we may disclose information related to your pet in the event of a public health emergency, public health agency request, law enforcement request, if required to do so by applicable law or legal process, or in connection with legal proceedings. We may disclose information in the event some or all of our operations or services are acquired or run by a business that will carry on some or all of our services. There are services provided by Vetco through contracts with agents and independent contractors. When these services are contracted, we may disclose information to the agent or independent contractor so that they can perform the job we have contracted them to do. To protect your pet's medical information, we contractually require our agents and independent contractors to adhere to the same confidentiality standards that are adhered to by Vetco. Vetco may obtain services from its affiliates who may be given access to your information in order to permit those affiliates to provide services to us.
WHEN DO I NEED TO SIGN A CONSENT FORM?
CAN I CHANGE MY MIND AND REVOKE MY CONSENT OR AUTHORIZATION?
You can change your mind and revoke an authorization permitting release, except to the extent that we have relied on the authorization up to that point, or the information is needed to maintain the integrity of a research study, or as otherwise required by law. All requests to revoke an authorization must be in writing.
WHEN IS MY CONSENT/AUTHORIZATION NOT REQUIRED?
Some information may be disclosed without your consent or authorization in the following circumstances:
· In case of an emergency
· In the event of a request from a public health agency
· In the event of a request from a law enforcement agency
· When there are communication or language barriers
· When there are risks to public health or safety
· To conduct health oversight activities
· To report suspected abuse or neglect
· To government regulatory agencies
· In connection with judicial or administrative proceedings
· As otherwise required by law
When you browse our website, information is collected about your device and your visit. We may collect data about your browsing, searching and buying activity as you interact with our site. We may collect and use your IP address, web addresses of the sites you come from and go to next and information about your network connection, as well as information about your device's browser, operating system, platform type and Internet connection speed. We use this information for website statistics and to improve the website. Third Parties, Advertising Networks, Hosted Solutions, and Analytics Companies.
We, along with our vendors and various third parties, may use information collected on our website to help us deliver more relevant content, marketing messages, and tailored advertisements. These messages may be delivered on our websites or other websites, by our representatives or via email. We also may use this information to assess the effectiveness of our sites and to help you should you request help with navigation problems on these sites. Browser Cookies, Flash Cookies, and Web Beacons. A cookie is a small data string that is written to your computer's memory by a web server. (A web server is the computer that hosts a website and responds to requests received from your computer). Cookies can play an important role in providing a good customer experience using the web. Among other things, cookies enable a website to maintain information when a user's web browser requests a series of web pages. Cookies allow us, and others who place and access cookies on our sites, to deliver advertising and other content specific to your interests, keep track of your online ordering and alert you to new products or promotional opportunities based on your current services. Our website may use different kinds of cookies, including HTTP cookies (also known as browser cookies) and Local Shared Objects such as Flash cookies that are built for use with the Adobe® Flash® Player. If you wish to delete or block cookies, the actions you will need to take for browser cookies and Flash cookies are different. Please consult the user documentation available on-line for your particular browser, and additionally Adobe® (in the case of Flash cookies), to learn more about your options with respect to cookie deletion and management. In addition to cookies, we may also use web beacons, which, like cookies, result in information about your website visit being communicated to us and to third parties for purposes of advertising, marketing, or analytics. Information gathered from cookies also helps us understand how our sites are performing and provides website usage information to support customizing and improving our website and advertisements.
IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS?
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS California Civil Code Section 1798.83 entitles California customers to request information concerning whether a business has disclosed personal information to any third parties for the third parties' direct marketing purposes. Vetco will not sell or share your information with companies that are not affiliates of Petco Support Services, LLC for their direct marketing purposes without your consent. California customers who wish to request further information about our compliance with this law or have questions or concerns about our privacy practices and policies may contact us at email@example.com.